Tel: 01302 771881
Specialists in all types of irrigation
40% Funding Available
ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT A NEW IRRIGATION SYSTEM OR UPGRADING YOUR EXISTING IRRIGATION SYSTEM?
If so are you aware of the RDPS? There is currently up to 40% funding available for schemes that “Improve farm productivity by using water more efficiently”
- New farm water storage reservoirs together with pumping systems and associated pipe work.
- Water metering equipment together with software and sensors to optimise water application.
With regard to irrigation equipment. Drip and Overhead Sprinkler Systems are also eligible as they allow you to match the irrigation application rate with the infiltration rate of different soil types.
The key aims of the grant scheme are to:-
- Improve water storage with the ability to abstract water at high flow periods;
- Use the water efficiently through underground pipe systems designed to reduce friction loss;
- Using energy efficient pumps with variable speed control reduces energy;
- By applying the water to crops using Drip irrigation or Overhead Sprinkler Irrigation you can reduce the water applied by 25% to 40%, with a 25% to 40% energy saving.
Throughj making these savings the project will increase the irrigated area and allow water trading to neighbouring growers.
The scheme is open to arable and horticultural businesses growing or intending to grow irrigated crops, who do not belong to a PO.
The key priorities for funding are:-
- Improve productivity
- Enhance resilience
- Improve efficiency
- Introduce innovation
- Grow your business and;
- Encourage collaboration and partnership
The RDPE grant is 40% funding with a minimum grant of £35,000.00 up to maximum of £1,000,000.00!