Tel: 01302 771881
Specialists in all types of irrigation
UV Water Treatment
Micro-organisms and pathogenic organisms can be destroyed through exposure to ultra violet light. A continuous cycle prevents these organisms from regenerating due to a breakdown in their DNA.
During this process, no chemicals are added to the water guaranteeing it is an environmentally friendly treatment. Units can be mounted in normal pipe-work systems and are able to be single or multi-lamp and continuous monitoring is available to give an accurate and reliable indication of water quality. We can also provide thin film UV treatment for water samples down to 20% T10.
- High and consistent levels of treatment and quality
- A simple, cost effective operation
- Water conservation Improves and maintains water quality
- With minimized waste and disposal cost, operating costs are reduced in both the short and long term
- Approved for organic crop production
- Liquid flow rate (l/sec, m3/hr), affects exposure time
- Transmission level of water -how effectively U.V. can pass through
- Microorganisms present - what needs to be treated
- Can treat temperatures up to 60deg
- Flow consistency - periodic or continual
- Flow type - laminar or turbulent